1.09.2005

a bit of a rant...


Iris 2 051804
Originally uploaded by jessalauren.
this might come off as a personal rant, but really it is a warning to anyone who wants to major in philosophy: you will have to read hobbe's leviathan like eight times in eight different classes. well, i am up to eight so far...

not that reading about the justification of an absolute sovereign ruler over and over again isn't interesting, but feminism was cut from my political philosophy class for lack of time.

it's even more frustrating when i consider that simone de beauvoir is really the only female philosopher that i have encountered in university so far, while hobbes (along with locke, hume, descartes, berkeley and spinoza) has been with me all the way.

anyway, i have accompanied this rant with a peaceful picture of irises from my garden...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I can upderstand how annoying that must be. Love the Irises.

9:29 PM  
Blogger jessalauren said...

me too...they make me miss spring a lot!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, hobbes can suck my left one

11:53 PM  
Blogger jessalauren said...

well put.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home