2.17.2005

hooray for housesitting

tonight i have to say farewell to my loaner house. no more taking care of nice, big and bright someone-else's place. it's back to the basement for me. i am really going to miss being able to stretch my arms above my head any time i please. i am going to miss waking up and being able to tell if it's morning yet, just by looking at the window. ah...windows. how have i ever lived without them before? and i am going to miss charlie, my new friend (the neighbours dog who came over a couple of times when the neighbours had to go out).

but i do miss my fish. and i miss my gigantic bathtub and i will be happy to be back on my own computer - my own piece of junk instead of someone else's piece of junk.

i think i am just really sad that reading week has come and gone and it's time for school once again. usually i am raring to go back, but third year has been a lot harder than second year (which was a lot harder than first year) and where am i going with this? well i guess i will stop because i am going nowhere. just back to school and i promised myself that my blog was not going to be some long and futile rant. so less ranting and more r2-d2.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Your fish will be happy to have you both home.

I love your little dark hobbit apartment. Your bathtub does rule and so do the dogs that live upstairs.

11:03 PM  
Blogger jessalauren said...

fish = happy and hobbit is the appropriate word - except my feet aren't that hairy.

12:13 AM  
Blogger jessalauren said...

oh yeah! there was this crow that flew down to listen into to our conversation and he ended up hanging out for a while. ryan fed him crackers by hand.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home