6.17.2005

toast to the host

that's me! i'm hosting tonight at the restaurant for the first time.

of course i am scared, but i can admit that it's pretty irrational. i do have somewhat of a handle on things, but i know that when i do get nervous, i start making mistakes. some people work in the opposite direction and nerves sharpen their abilities.

the funny thing about it is that when james asked me if i wanted to work the door, busboy didn't seem scary anymore. it was only when i realized that i would rather just pick up the dishes and carry the food, maybe take the occasional order and punch something into the computer, that i was finally comfortable with my job.

don't get me wrong, i am not skipping off to work with glee and excitement, i just don't feel like i am going to throw up before my shifts anymore.

and...well...darth vadar came in the mail yesterday. (woo hoo!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Darth looks cool.

I hope your first night as hostess goes smoothly. I know you'll do great.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When things get rough, there's always Darth for comfort.
Love your blog, sorry it took me so long to get here!

7:03 PM  
Blogger jessalauren said...

thanks, guys! it went really well.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home