7.09.2005

a week!


harry-potter-3-5
Originally uploaded by jessalauren.
in one week, instead of sitting here with a laptop i am going to be reading the half-blood prince. it's funny to think of how much time i spent waiting, and how quickly it's going to be over. i said that i would try to restrain myself and see if i could read a chapter a day to make it last, but a week or a month...it's going to feel like the same amount of time when you are waiting for book seven.

but i think i would be kidding myself if i thought that i could only read the first chapter once i had it in my hands.

anyway, this is a time to remember. to reflect upon and see how patient we can be when we have to be. when you are waiting in line at the bank and you want to go postal or the red light wont turn and you HAVE TO PEE...just say to yourself...i've waited years for those harry potter books, i can wait for this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Atta girl! how philosophy can save us when our baser instincts threaten to take over ...

Happy reading! (are you able to re-read books? that's how I comfort myself when I've gobbled up a book that I intended to savour)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I AM SO EXCITED.

It sucks that my job will cut into my reading time.
Maybe the book will last longer than 2 days that way.

11:59 PM  
Blogger jessalauren said...

i can reread books. i actually liked harry potter five better the second time around. i read it so quickly the first time that i missed quite a bit.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home