1.14.2005

cheering

i realize that all of my posts have been pretty serious lately, so i wanted to share a simpsons episode that was really special to me.

do you remember the episode, "homerpalooza"?

Homer: So... how about those rainbow suspenders, huh?
Bart: Dad...?
Homer: Pretty cool way to keep your pants up, eh?
Bart: Dad!
Homer: I see these kids now with "Jive" printed on their shirts. Pftt... Now, I can teach you how you're supposed to say "jive".
Lisa: Dad... Please just drive the car, dad.
Homer: I'm watching the road, sweetie. You jive turkey. See? You got to sass it. Quit jivin' me, turkey. You got to sass it. A "turkey" is a bad person.

and the moment that really brings me back is when homer is driving bart (and company) to school and he starts giving them a lesson in music history...

Homer: Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson airplane, which cleared the way for Jefferson starship. The stage was now set for the AlanParsons project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.

i swear TO GOD! those were the exact words my dad used when he gave me the big music talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home